|Featherine Augustus Aurora|
フェザリーヌ アウグストゥス アウローラ
|Title||Witch of Theatergoing, Drama and Spectating|
Great Lady Aurora
|Also Known As||Eua|
Auau (by Bernkastel and Lambdadelta)
|First Appearance||Dawn of the Golden Witch (Umineko)|
|Portrayed By||Michiko Neya (Umineko)|
Noriko Hidaka (Higurashi)
Just who is weaving this tale? ...Am I for you? Or are you for me?—Featherine Augustus Aurora, Twilight of the Golden Witch
The majestic Witch of Theatergoing, Drama and Spectating. She has tired of life after a thousand years and constantly repeats a cycle of life and death.
In the past, she served as the Master for several games as a legendary witch, but her legend, glory, and memory have already disappeared into the past and have been forgotten. Only the solemn medal she wears on her chest contains those memories.
The horseshoe-shaped object floating around her head Is a memory aid device. It records her name, appearance, and other aspects of her personality.She is so old that she would not be able to preserve her own individuality without this.
Featherine is a godlike witch whose near-infinite life and nigh-omnipotence require her to wear a memory aid device which maintains her name, appearance, and personality across her existence. Featherine sees even high planes of existence such as Purgatorio as a script which she can modify at will.In Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou, she is suddenly spawned into existence when Satoko interacts with a broken horn in the Saiguden. As such, she has no name until she asks Satoko to name her, which she accidentally does by mumbling in confusion.
AppearanceFeatherine appears as a tall woman with long, dark purple hair stylized in a hime cut. She wears an elaborate pink dress with multicolored highlights along with a green sash adorned with a ceremonial medal. She has a silver device that floats around her head that functions as a memory aid device.
PersonalityFeatherine acts in accordance with her status as a being of nigh-omnipotence and can be condescending to the beings who speak to her. Featherine claims that she needs to constantly think or else she will perish. She often refers to others as "child of man," regardless of whether they are actually human or not (e.g. she refers to Bernkastel as "child of man" during the ???? of Dawn of the Golden Witch). Featherine's power is so vast that even witches such as Lambdadelta are afraid of going against her.
Dawn of the Golden Witch
Requiem of the Golden Witch
Twilight of the Golden Witch
- As a Creator, Featherine is technically not a witch as Creators are explicitly defined as surpassing the concept of witches in Twilight of the Golden Witch.
- Though there is no confirmed relationship between the two, Featherine Augustus Aurora is strongly connected to Hanyuu from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
- Featherine and Hanyuu share a similar appearance, specifically Featherine's dress and memory aid resembles Hanyuu's miko outfit and horns.
- When roughly translated, the kanji in Hanyuu's name (羽入) mean "feather" (羽, hane) and "in" (入, iri), which, when put together, essentially make "Featherine".
- The katakana that begin "Augustus" and "Aurora", "Au" (アウ), are the same as Hanyuu's catchphrase "Auau" (あぅあぅ). Bernkastel references this by referring to Featherine as "Auaurora".
- Lambdadelta mentions that Featherine's memory device was damaged, resulting in a change in appearance and personality. Similarly, one of Hanyuu's horns has a crack in it.
- The kanji for the pseudonymic surname of Featherine's human counterpart, "Hachijo," can be read as "yashiro" and becomes "Oyashiro" when using the honorific "o-" prefix.
- The pseudonymic given name of Featherine's human counterpart, "Tohya," is written using the kanji for "18." Hanyuu's alternate name "Oyashiro" can be read as the numbers 0, 8, 4, and 6, which add up to 18.
- When Featherine first appears in Satokowashi-hen, she is wearing an outfit similar to Hanyuu's typical outfit.