|Title||The Witch of Certainty|
The Witch of the Absolute
|First Appearance||Turn of the Golden Witch|
|Portrayed By||Fuyuka Ono|
Lambdadelta (ラムダデルタ, Ramudaderuta) is an extremely powerful witch who was once known as the strongest in the universe. She first appears in Turn of the Golden Witch as a sponsor to Beatrice.
Don't they say the second player has a much better chance at a draw?—Lambdadelta, End of the Golden Witch
BackgroundSimilar to Bernkastel, Lambdadelta suffers from some degree of trauma due to her experience within a Logic Error. She claims that she plays the sadistic games that she does in order to escape boredom as boredom leads to her remembering her time in the Logic Error.
AppearanceLambdadelta appears as a young girl with bobbed blonde hair and red eyes. She wears a pink dress adorned with leaves and a jack-o-lantern along with a pink hat and elbow-length black gloves. Her clothing is covered in red ribbons of various sizes.
PersonalityLambdadelta typically maintains a childish personality around the other witches, however she hides a sadistic side and only reveals it when she wants to be serious. She is emotionally attached to Bernkastel as she is the only other witch who has successfully escaped a Logic Error. Unlike Bernkastel, Lambdadelta has maintained countless friendships over the course of her life, many of whom are powerful entities in their own right.
Turn of the Golden Witch
Lambdadelta first appears in the Hidden Tea Party of Turn of the Golden Witch. She is invited by Beatrice to assist her in defeating Bernkastel.
Banquet of the Golden Witch
Lambdadelta occasionally appears during Banquet of the Golden Witch to comment on how the game is progressing. During the Tea Party, Lambdadelta expresses her annoyance at how how lackadaisically Beatrice is playing the game and demands that she play future games with the intention to winning against Bernkastel.
Alliance of the Golden Witch
In Alliance of the Golden Witch, Lambdadelta appears before Ange Ushiromiya and reveals a trick that Bernkastel played on her that prevents Ange from ever reuniting with her family. Lambdadelta gives Ange the option of remaining by Battler Ushiromiya's side for all of eternity as long as she obeys Lambdadelta and never assists Battler enough to win over Beatrice.
End of the Golden Witch
In Alliance of the Golden Witch, Lambdadelta takes over for Beatrice as Game Master. Beatrice, having lost her will to fight in Alliance of the Golden Witch, has become a living corpse; Lambdadelta hopes that she can force Battler to lose the will to fight and have the pair of them both exist as living corpses for eternity.
Dawn of the Golden Witch
Lambdadelta takes the role of impartial mediator during the game between BATTLER and Erika Furudo and again during the final duel between Beatrice and Erika.
Twilight of the Golden Witch
Lambdadelta helps BATTLER and Ange Ushiromiya break into the City of Books. She faces off against Bernkastel, however the two are evenly matched and neither is able to gain a definitive upper hand. The fight is interrupted by Featherine Augustus Aurora. When Lambdadelta tries to attack Bernkastel after this, Featherine immediately kills her. She is later revived by ANGE-Beatrice.
- Lambdadelta is capable of using her immense power to summon isolated black holes, compressing anything down to the size of a konpeitō candy.
- Lambdadelta's outfit was taken from a Gothic & Lolita Bible fashion magazine.
- The Greek letters of Lambdadelta's name mean 30 (λ) and 4 (Δ). This is a recurring motif in several When They Cry characters.
- Miyo Takano, a major character in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, bears some physical resemblance to Lambdadelta. Furthermore, "Miyo" can be written as 三四, meaning "34".
- Vier Dreissig, a major character in Ciconia no Naku Koro ni, bears some physical resemblance to Lambdadelta. Furthermore, her name can be translated from German as "four thirty", which becomes "thirty four" when following Japanese naming conventions.
- Though there is no confirmed relationship between the two, Lambdadelta is strongly tied to Satoko Houjou from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
- The two bear some physical resemblance.
- Satoko's best friend, Rika Furude, is directly connected to Lambdadelta's lifelong friend and rival, Bernkastel.
- Satoko gains the ability to travel through fragments in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou and repeatedly uses the word "certainty" in conversation with Eua, an early form of Featherine Augustus Aurora.
- In Twilight of the Golden Witch, Lambdadelta brings up a cake riddle that she was stumped by at some point in the past. A similar cake riddle was posed to Satoko in Onikakushi-hen.
- Lambdadelta is the only character whose sprite is facing forward rather than being angled towards the left or the right.
- Lambdadelta is the only character who has broken the fourth wall, briefly asking the audience to vote for her in the next character popularity poll in Twilight of the Golden Witch.
- As far as Lambdadelta is aware, Bernkastel is the only witch to ever escape a Logic Error other than herself.
- In the credits of the Steam release of Dawn of the Golden Witch, Lambdadelta's name is misspelled as "Lamdadelta".