Twilight of the Golden Witch
|Twilight of the Golden Witch |
|Released||December 31, 2010 (C79)|
|Word Count||131,315 (~438 pages) (Trick Ending)|
133,299 (~444 pages) (Magic Ending)
|Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chronology|
The Halloween Party
Twilight of the Golden Witch opens with a Halloween Party attended by the entire Ushiromiya family and their servants. Most notably, a 6 year-old Ange Ushiromiya is present and plays the part of the protagonist for the duration of the party. Ange finds the entire experience to be incredibly off-putting due to how strange her family seems to be acting. Prior to the party, Ange was under the belief that Kinzo is a terrifying individual and that the Ushiromiya family was largely bitter to one another. However, during the Halloween party, Kinzo greets everyone quite happily and the entire family gets along very well. The family even performs a gift exchange, something Ange had never seen the family do before. The party is revealed to be taking place in Purgatorio rather than on any Game Board and several characters speak on Ange's future.
The Final Game
The final game is a showdown between Bernkastel and the husband-wife team of Battler Ushiromiya and Beatrice with Lambdadelta mediating. The final game is designed to be a simple mystery story, one completely devoid of any magical influence. The final game is bound by a set of rules which are laid out at the beginning of the game:
- The definition of 'culprit' is 'one who murders'.
- It is possible for a culprit to lie.
- It is possible for the culprit to lie even before committing murder.
- Characters who are not culprits only speak the truth.
- Characters who are not culprits may not cooperate with a culprit.
- A culprit must carry out all murders directly, by their own hands.
- A culprit must not die.
- A culprit must be among the characters appearing in the story.
- Purple statements are as absolute as red truths. However, the culprit alone may lie with purple statements.
- The Reader will tell no lies. In other words, outside of spoken statements, there are no lies in the narration.
- [Lambdadelta] guarantee[s] that it is possible to pinpoint the culprit with this information.
The Ushiromiya Family
- Kinzo Ushiromiya
- Krauss Ushiromiya
- Natsuhi Ushiromiya
- Eva Ushiromiya
- Hideyoshi Ushiromiya
- Rudolf Ushiromiya
- Kyrie Ushiromiya
- Rosa Ushiromiya
- Jessica Ushiromiya
- George Ushiromiya
- Battler Ushiromiya
- Ange Ushiromiya
- Maria Ushiromiya
Witches and Demons
- 01 (203). To Rokkenjima
- 02 (204). 6-year-old Ange
- 03 (205). Reversion of Gold
- 04 (206). Survival Goal
- 05 (207). Reversion Ritual
- 06 (208). Halloween Party (1)
- 07 (209). Halloween Party (2)
- 08 (210). Halloween Party (3)
- 09 (211). Banquet of Human and Witches
- 10 (212). Banquet of Human and Witches
- 11 (213). Bern's Questions
- 12 (214). Bern's Challenge
- 13 (215). Latecomer
- 14 (216). Latecomer (2)
- 15 (217). Latecomer (3)
- 16 (218). Black Cat's Scratches
- 17 (219). Black Cat's Scratches (2)
- 18 (220). Black Cat's Scratches (3)
- 19 (221). Black Cat's Scratches (4)
- 20 (222). Chapel's Attack and Defense
- 21 (223). Chapel's Attack and Defense (2)
- 22 (224). The City of Books
- 23 (225). In the Golden Village
- 24 (226). The Book of the Single Truth
- -- (227). interlude —Ikuko Hachijo—
- -- (228). Confession of the golden witch①
- -- (229). Confession of the golden witch②
- -- (230). Confession of the golden witch③
- 25 (231). Cage of Bonds
- 26 (232). Ultimatum
- 27 (233). Detective
- 28 (234). The Outbreak of War
- 29 (235). Game of Love and Hatred
- 30 (236). Trample
- 31 (237). The End of the Fierce Fight
- 32 (238). Death
- 33 (239). Reviving the Dead
- 34 (240). Ange's Selection
- 35 (241). Beyond the Door ―Trick―, And
- 36 (242). Beyond the Door ―Magic―
- 37 (243). When the Seagulls Cry
- 38 (244). The Golden Land
- 01 (42). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 1
- 02 (43). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 2
- 03 (44). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 3
- 04 (45). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 4
- 05 (46). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 5
- 06 (47). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 6
- 07 (48). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 7
- 08 (49). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 8
- 09 (50). Twilight of the Golden Witch: Volume 9
- Kyrie and Rudolf's riddles during the Halloween party mention 3 girls, Miyoko, Satoko and Rika, all of whom are characters in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
- ^ Listed word count does not include TIPS.