|Title||Witch of Truth|
|First Appearance||End of the Golden Witch|
|Portrayed By||Natsuko Kuwatani|
"This level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika"—Erika Furudo when she is done being a bitch
Erika Furudo (古戸 ヱリカ Furudo Erika?) is a detective who washes onto Rokkenjima during the Ushiromiya family meeting of 1986. Erika serves as the primary antagonist of End of the Golden Witch and Dawn of the Golden Witch.
Erika claims to have gone through college in Japan, during which she fell in love and began dating an anonymous man. Over the course of the relationship however, Erika began gathering evidence that her boyfriend was cheating on her with another woman. Despite only having circumstantial evidence, Erika confronts her boyfriend and breaks up with him. The ordeal sparked an inferiority complex and strong denial of love in Erika that persists throughout Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
In October 1986, Erika falls from the "Eternal Maid II" cruise ship in the storm that envelopes Rokkenjima. As a result, Erika is taken by the sea and washes up on the shore of Rokkenjima.
Erika appears as a young girl with dark blue eyes and hair, made in Bernkastel's image. The elaborate dress she wears actually belongs to Jessica. Despite this, the dress is not imprinted with the One-Winged Eagle in any visible location. In addition to the pink and white dress, Erika also wears a flower accessory on her head.
When Erika marries Battler she wears a traditional white bridal gown and white gloves though the One-Winged Eagle is visible on the headdress and on the waist of the dress.
Erika is highly intelligent and possesses a photographic memory. While in public, she maintains a polite appearance and shows interest in little other than mysteries. In reality, however, Erika is ruthless and enjoys solving mysteries only for the pleasure of denigrating those who pose them to her. Her malicious personality is derived from an inferiority complex developed early in her life.
- In End of the Golden Witch, Erika says "My little gray cells are itching to get started", likely a reference to the Agatha Christie detective Hercule Poirot who frequently refers to his "little gray cells".
- Erika's name and apperance bear great similarities to Rika Furude from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
- Erika loves chopsticks.
- Erika's greatest weapon is duct tape.
- Erika was originally supposed to appear in Land of the Golden Witch as a man named Virgilius. Once Land of the Golden Witch was scrapped, the name was given to Virgilia and his personality was given to Erika.
- Erika's outfit was taken from a Gothic & Lolita Bible fashion magazine.
- "I was searching for lolita magazines scans and I...". Archived from the original on 3 August 2016.