|Illustrated By||Kitō En|
|Published By||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||April 10, 2006 - September 26, 2006|
Onisarashi-hen (鬼曝し編 Demon Exposing Chapter?) is a manga-only side story in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It is told from the perspective of Natsumi Kimiyoshi, a former resident of Okinomiya, whose family is slowly falling apart after the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
- Natsumi Kimiyoshi
- Haruko Kimiyoshi
- Touji Kimiyoshi
- Akira Toudou
- Mamoru Akasaka
- Kuraudo Ooishi
- Chisato Saeki
- Tamako Makimura
- Madoka Minai
Deaths and Disappearances
All deaths and disappearances are listed only as they are told in Onisarashi-hen and apply only for the individual arc, not the overall series.
- Rika Furude, died June 20, 1983.
- Everyone in Hinamizawa not listed otherwise, died June 21, 1983 of gas poisoning during Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
- Some people who used to live in Hinamizawa, started showing erratic behavior right after Great Hinamizawa Disaster. Some died mysteriously in hospitals, while others started dying in other strange ways.
- Aki Kimiyoshi, hit her head on a desk corner after being pushed by Natsumi.
- Touji Kimiyoshi, stabbed in the neck by Natsumi.
- Haruko Kimiyoshi, stabbed to death by Natsumi.
- Chapter 1: The Beginning
- Chapter 2: Premonition
- Chapter 3: Family
- Chapter 4: Destruction
- Chapter 5: Secret
- Chapter 6: Conclusion
- Chapter 7: Truth
- Chapter 8: After