|Released||August 1, 2021|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Chronology|
Oniakashi-hen follows the same story as Onidamashi-hen, though from the perspective of Rena Ryuuguu. Satoko Houjou injects Rena with H-173, leading to the development of Hinamizawa Syndrome. After learning of her father's relationship with Rina Mamiya, Rena hunts down and kills both Teppei Houjou and Rina, burying them in the forest surrounding Hinamizawa.
As Rena's symptoms get worse, she becomes suspicious that Keiichi Maebara knows of her crimes. Rika Furude attempts to intervene and prevent Rena from reaching terminal symptoms, however she fails and, on June 23, 1983, Rena and Keiichi fight in Keiichi's kitchen, leading to Rena's death. When Rika learns of this the following day, she stabs herself to death. Eager to chase Rika to the next fragment, Satoko slices her neck open with the same knife.
- Rena Ryuuguu
- Rina Mamiya
- Rika Furude
- Satoko Houjou
- Teppei Houjou
- Keiichi Maebara
- Mion Sonozaki
- Aiko Maebara (voice only)
Deaths and Disappearances
All deaths and disappearances are listed only as they are told in Onidamashi-hen and apply only for the individual arc, not the overall series.
- Rena Ryuuguu, succumbed to her injuries resulting from a fight with Keiichi Maebara June 23, 1983.
- Rika Furude, stabbed herself to death with a knife June 24, 1983.
- Satoko Houjou, sliced her own neck a knife June 24, 1983.
- Jirou Tomitake, disappeared on the night of the Watanagashi Festival on June 19, 1983.
- Miyo Takano, disappeared on the night of the Watanagashi Festival on June 19, 1983.