|Released||October 1, 2020|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Chronology|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Chronology|
Onidamashi-hen initially follows the same story as Onikakushi-hen, the first major arc of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni; Recently transferred student Keiichi Maebara begins a comfortable life in rural Hinamizawa with his friends Rena Ryuuguu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Houjou. However, in the days leading up to the Watanagashi Festival, Keiichi learns of a dark history from traveling photographer Jirou Tomitake. When Keiichi attempts to learn more about this from his friends, they stonewall him.
Keiichi attempts to ignore his discoveries until the night of the Watanagashi Festival, when Tomitake and his friend, Miyo Takano, both disappear. Keiichi is interrogated by detective Ooishi Kuraudo, which sets off a string of paranoid behaviors in Rena. Keiichi continues to clandestinely meet with Ooishi, though he soon realizes that Rena overheard part of his conversations with Ooishi. Rika attempts to calm Keiichi down and claims that any malicious intent he is ascribing to Rena is a mistake.
On June 23, 1983, Keiichi learns that his parents had to suddenly leave for Tokyo and won't return until the following night. Rena appears at Keiichi's house under the pretense of bringing him dinner. While Keiichi watches TV, Rena opens the box she brought with her, revealing a variety of torture implements. When Keiichi enters the kitchen, Rena attacks him with a knife. Keiichi defends himself with a nearby clock.
Keiichi awakens in the hospital shortly thereafter. Mion informs him that Rena had died from her injuries. Furthermore, Rika and Satoko were found dead the day after Keiichi and Rena's fight, though official investigations indicate that the pair may have committed suicide.
Deaths and Disappearances
All deaths and disappearances are listed only as they are told in Onidamashi-hen and apply only for the individual arc, not the overall series.
- Rena Ryuuguu, succumbed to her injuries resulting from a fight with Keiichi Maebara June 23, 1983.
- Rika Furude, stabbed to death with a knife June 24, 1983.
- Satoko Houjou, stabbed to death with a knife June 24, 1983.
- Jirou Tomitake, disappeared on the night of the Watanagashi Festival on June 19, 1983.
- Miyo Takano, disappeared on the night of the Watanagashi Festival on June 19, 1983.
- Demon-Deceiving Chapter, Part 1
- Demon-Deceiving Chapter, Part 2
- Demon-Deceiving Chapter, Part 3
- Demon-Deceiving Chapter, Part 4