Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The phrase "That is my only wish" in relation to solving a mystery is used frequently throughout the franchise, by Keiichi Maebara, Ooishi Kuraudo, Mamoru Akasaka, and Maria Ushiromiya.
- The character Okonogi is present in both stories, in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni as the leader of the Yamainu and in Umineko no Naku Koro ni as president of a company with ties to Rudolf Ushiromiya and Hideyoshi Ushiromiya.
- Frederica Bernkastel is known in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni as the author of the poems that each arc opens with. In Umineko no Naku Koro ni, the character Bernkastel appears to be the same character. Furthermore, Bernkastel is most likely Rika Furude, as seen in their similar appearances, their supernatural abilities, and the existence of Erika Furudo, a character Bernkastel created in her own likeness who bears a similar name and appearance to Rika.
- Lambdadelta, while not referenced in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, is speculated to be Miyo Takano due to their similar appearance. Furthermore, Lamdadelta refers to Miyo Takano as "her other self" in the Hotarubi no Tomoru Koro ni prologue, The First and the Last Gift. However, Ryukishi07 has directly refuted that theory.
- Ange Ushiromiya and Shion Sonozaki both attended St. Lucia Academy.
- The Angel Mort uniform and the Seven Stakes of Purgatory outfit have similar designs.
- The cast of both Higurashi and Umineko show up in Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode X.